Last week when I shop at Kohl's I saw many small appliances on sale. One of the appliance I like to get is a waffle maker!! I would like to get a medium range quality waffle maker instead of the expensive one or low quality maker...The reason is why waste $$ on an expensive machine that I know I won't be making waffle all the time and after awhile I tend to forget that I even bought the machine! lol! For the low quality maker,it's easily condemn and not worth the $$ and time to get it even I use it once a while..Anyway,this is my first time making my own waffle at home..Usually I just bought the ready make waffle from supermarket frozen section...As we know if we make the waffle our self we can choose our own favorite flavor or ingredients,right?
Tonight I try out the machine and make some chocolate chip and raisin cinnamon waffle for Mishu dinner..She was surprised and happy when she see she was serve with waffle!! especially the waffle have whipping cream and colorful sprinkles on the top!! She said yummy!! I adapted the recipe from HERE!! .I divided the portion into 2 smaller portion for 2 different flavor!! This recipe is a taker!!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter( I used 1 cup butter)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup mini-chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisin
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
pancake syrup for drizzling
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in a large bowl.
3. In a separate measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, vanilla and 1 cup melted butter.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir by hand or with an electric mixer until batter is formed. Do not over-mix the batter.
5. Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until they just begin to hold a loose peak.
6. Scatter the sugar over the whites and continue beating until they hold a soft peak.
7. Fold the egg whites into the batter..Divided the batter into 2 portion if you want other flavor then chocolate chip..
8. Gently add the chocolate chips into the separate batter. Then fold in raisin and cinnamon powder in another portion batter.
9. Preheat your waffle maker accordingly to the manufacture direction..Use a big ladle to scoop I scoop of batter into the maker.Close the lid and cook until crisp and the waffle iron stops steaming – about 5 minutes. When waffle is lightly golden brown remove from maker.
10. Use a bamboo stick to remove the waffle to a plate.Drizzling with syrup,top with whipping cream or add your favorite toppings before dig in!
This delicious waffles recipe serves 6.