250 gm rice flour
200 gm corn flour
500 gm sugar
1 can coconut milk (400 gm)
2 liter oil for frying
Yield approx 90 pieces
1. Prepare at least two moulds. Combine coconut milk, eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
2. Sift corn flour and rice flour and add in the the above. Whisk to obtain a consistent batter, sieve to prevent lumps. Pour batter into 2 different bowl or container.One straight sided cup for constant dipping the hot mould into the flour mixture.
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep fryer.(Do not use non stick pot) Preheat moulds in the hot oil. When the oil is hot enough, dip mould into batter. Make sure batter coats only the bottom and sides of mould.
4. Place coated mould in hot oil. Shake to release honeycomb from moulds. If needed, use chopsticks to help releasing. Fry until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool completely before store in air-tight container.